Saturday, July 12, 2008

A war, a fair and a dance

Today we are off to a Civil war re-enactment with a 19th century sanitary fair and a dance. A more eclectic day in a town park I can barely imagine. I'm picking up a gal pal of #1 for a day of exploring history without the 7 year olds realizing they may learn something. I love to toss in a healthy dose of education to most things so this should be fun. The only real downside is the heat. I'm not a big fan of HOT weather, especially when you add in humidity. I like a crisp morning warming into the low 70s with some sun for a pleasant glow. Not this so hot I'm sweaty walking to the car nonsense. If I wanted scorching hot I'd hang out in my oven.

Tomorrow my great aunt turns 94! She still lives in her own home and drives (a 2001 Mustang convertible!). Count me impressed. Here's to you Aunt M- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And many more.

Th Th That's all for now, folks- gotta get ready for a step back in time.

No comments: